The Bosch Greenstar tankless heating boiler employs condensing technology, where the latent heat in the boiler’s exhaust gases is extracted and re-used to supply extremely energy efficient heating to homes and commercial spaces. The Greenstar condensing boilers offer efficiency levels of up to 98.7%, meaning they turn 98.7% of the fuel (natural gas) into heat – a significant upgrade compared to conventional or non-condensing boilers.
As a wall-hanging unit with multiple size configurations based on need, the Greenstar series can also reduce installation time and free up valuable floor space inside the home.
Each unit features an ASME approved Al-Si heat exchanger constructed of advanced Magnesium-Aluminum-Silicon alloy, offering increased flexibility versus traditional stainless steel. They are equipped with highly durable heating blocks that are corrosion resistant and designed to optimize clean burning combustion over an extra large surface area, which requires minimal servicing and reliance on spare parts during the boiler’s lifetime.
All Greenstar Combi boilers (heating and hot water in one unit) are equipped with a high-strength stainless steel secondary exchanger and burner with double passage - ensuring consistent temperature output based on demand. The DHW hot water temperature control limit of 140°F helps prevent scale build-up within the heat exchanger.
Energy-saving, environmental and convenience features:
- Aluminum-Silicon heat exchanger delivers high efficiency - 98.5% with low temperature applications (96.0% AFUE)
- Low NOx emissions ahead of 2012 SCAQMD regulations
- Simple, intelligent control options optimize efficiency and fuel consumption
- Low electrical consumption when the boiler is in standby mode
- Electronic ignition
- Anti-cycle and modulation control
- Limited lifetime heat exchanger and 5-year parts and labor warranty
- FW200 digital thermostat (included)
- Special insulation ensures ultra-quiet operation
- Compact dimensions and built-in frost protection offer flexibility for location of installation
- ECO mode for energy saving fuel consumption
- Exclusive safety feature - keypad safety lock prevents unwanted tampering with heating controls
- Eligible for 2011 Federal Tax Credit
- High Efficiency Condensing Boilers
- Why Condensing Boilers?
- Bosch is a name you know and trust
- Space Heating Tankless Boilers